Friday, August 29, 2003

The Friday Five a Half an Hour Early

August 28th, 2003
11:30 P.M.


Ok, readers...and I now know there are more than one of you. Some of you actually wound up here while actually looking for places to rent. In fact, through my site meter, I noticed that someone wound up here from doing a church space for rent search...Let me tell you all right now, if you ever wind up back here, that I don't "take the Lord's name in vain." The "Oh, My God" lines from the I Still Have That Other Girl In My Head post was actually me calling out to God for guidance!

Now where was I...? Ah, yes.

Ok, readers...Since my trip down to Muscle (not Mussel) Shoals, Alabama starts at 7 A.M. tomorrow, I won't be in town to do a real Friday Five. And, since I no longer wish for it to be in my nature to put things off, I'm going to do the Friday Five early. Which is terrible, because I have to do an old one. But, here goes!


1. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?
It would be called :This Space for Rent! (and why not?)

2. What songs would be on the soundtrack?
If you look over to the right, you'll see the links to my favorite music. These folks have done a nice job on the soundtrack to my actual life. (Especially Aimee Mann and Todd Rundgren. The Alan Parsons Project would definitely be in the opening credits. That "song" would have to be Sirius/Eye in the Sky. Closing Credits would be "Shadow of a Lonely Man" also a Project song. NRBQ would feature prominently throughout, of course!)

3. Would it be a live-action film or animated? Why?
Is it me, or does this question qualify this as a "Friday Six?"
Anyway, I would go for a little of both. I most definitely would want some of my whacked up dreams featured in this movie...I mean, serving aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise under Captain Picard...and being tapped for a ghost-buster mission?!?!? That would involve some animation, but I've had a few actual cartoon dreams in my life too.

4. Casting: who would play you, members of your family, friends, etc?
Before I gained so much weight, my friends used to tell me how much I reminded them of Christian Slater. Now, I don't see it...never have, and perhaps if we ever met, Christian might not, either. But, the reasons I've been told is that he and I have similar posture, use similar gestures, and have voices that are in the same range used with similar inflections. If my friends (and some members of my family) went into such detail as to why I remind them of Christian, then I suppose we'd have to cast him. (And, Chris, IF you read this, I will include a clause in the contract that says you don't need to gain weight for the role. I know how tough it is trying to loose it.)
Anna Chlumsky (if I've spelled her name right) would be approached to play Amy. I saw a picture of Anna sitting next to John Ritter...She had dark hair in that picture (though before when I had seen her, I think she was blonde) and she looked so much like Amy I couldn't look for very long.
For Heather (I know I made a reference to her reminding me of Charlize Theron, but I couldn't think of any other knock-out actresses), I would have to cast Kari Wuhrer...that's much more what I remember Heather looking like. Especially the eyes and hair.
As D, I know she'll laugh, but I'd have to say Jennifer Love Hewitt. As her ex boyfriend, and my late best friend Tony (more later, if I feel up to telling it) I would pick Wil Wheaton.

5. Describe the movie preview/trailer.
It would start by panning over an empty field here in Central Kentucky with the strains of Ray Thomas' (of the Moody Blues) "from Mighty Oaks" playing. The music should reach its peak as the skyline of Lexington, Kentucky comes into view as a narrator starts saying;
"Comging to a theater near you October (some year before all the people I just named are too old to play my friends and I).....
"This Space for Rent! Starring;

"Christian Slater as Aaron (ok, so I'm revealing my name here. Big deal...Dwana has done that for me already!*wink*)

"Wil Wheaton as Tony

"Anna Chlumsky as Amy
"Jennifer Love Hewitt as Dwana
"And a special appearance by

"Kari Wuhrer as Heather."
And while the talking was going on, these people would be shown in glamour type action....you know....them starting with their backs to the camera, turning to face it as wind catches their hair...all this superimposed over the footage of my hometown flying past. By the end of the trailer there will be Christian Slater....Sitting at a computer typing out this blog, with old family photos scattered about. I don't know why he would have family photos about...I mean I don't have any out right now, but I think it would just make a nice touch to the end of the trailer.
Of course, Christian would look up and smile at the camera as the picture fades and all the writing comes up to tell you who wrote, directed and produced the film, along with who's in the soundtack.



Boy, that took longer than I expected! But, I enjoyed it! Hope you did, too! But for now!:

Go n-èirì an bòthar leat!
May the road rise to meet you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)