Wednesday, August 20, 2003

An Unplanned Vacation

August 19th, 2003
12:35 A.M. (Ok. So, Technically, it's the 20 th, but everything I write about in this post occurred to me on the 19th)


I went to the doctor today. Good news is that all I have is a couple of strained triceps. Nothing more. The doctor gave me a prescription for an anti-inflamatory (not a muscle relaxer *whew*). Also, I was given an excuse to be off work today and tomorrow, as well as an excuse to stay away from upper body weight training for a while.

That's good enough for me. I'm happier with the bikes and walking track, anyway. All I have to do is alter my eating habits, and I should be able to bring my weight down!

As well as my blood pressure. I almost hate to post it here, but it was...


200/110


As you may guess, I was also put on blood pressure medication. I'm not a big fan of pill popping of any kind...I'll try to avoid it at all costs, but when the nurse reacted the way she did...and when the doctor reffered to that pressure as "stroke level"...I think I can pop one pill a day 'til I get my weight back to where it needs to be.

(I am about 70 pounds overweight anyway...I've been told I don't look like I'm that overweight, but looks can be decieving. In my case, looks may also kill!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)