Sunday, August 24, 2003

Once Again, It's Laundry Day (yay, again)


August 24th, 2003

12:47 P.M.


I don't have very long to be on here. I'm expecting a phone call today. It's from my old roommates, whom I have maintained friendships with.

We three guys are in about the same boat...none of us have washers or dryers or "girl"friends (come on, who wants to say they have a girlfriend when they're so close to thirty? Fiancée, maybe...Wife, definitely; at least that's the way I feel about it.)

So, gentle reader, if you're out there, I will have to end here and wait for the guys to call. It will more than likely be a laundry day cookout...with lots of beer and wild women.

Yeah...right.

We'll at least have some hamburgers...maybe a steak or two...


Update: Later that Same Day


11:51 P.M.


This original update, I began at around 11:22. I damn near had it wrapped up, too. But in my efforts to include a link to something I was referring to, I somehow managed to stumble upon the right number of mouse clicks to bring up something I dread: One of those *DAMNED* pop ups that take up the whole frickin’ screen. It’s one of those “search anything on the Internet" ones: the ones that pop up loooong after you’ve stopped expecting anything else to pop up. And there is *NO* x button to click on to shut the things!!! So, I did what I usually do, and I control/alt/delete to shut the offending window down. In the process, though, all the other IE windows thought I told them to shut down, too. I lost the original post. Nice long, five paragraph one, too. Would’ve gotten me an A, if I were still in an English class….and still in High School….

So, as you can guess, tonight I wasn’t taking the advice that I had given to D on how to overcome her blogcrashes. But, let me see if I can recapture the spirit of the lost post…

Ok, here goes;

The Lost Update


The guys didn’t come over to my mom’s today to do their laundry. They said they didn’t have enough to worry about, really. Instead, they were going to go out and buy some more clothes to get them through the week. I’ve done that a couple of times myself. If you can’t tell by the title of this post, I’m trying to inject a little sarcasm into my love for laundry days. Nothing beats being tied down to one spot while you’re waiting for the washer and dryer to stop…seems like hours. Good reason for that, too. It is hours before you can get free to go anywhere or do anything else.

But, we did have a great time hanging out yesterday. I brought over a copy of Robin Williams: Live on Broadway. They loved it.

And this is the point in my original post where all hell broke loose (or maybe it was only some small portion of it that was too hard to detect until it was too late…)

I was going to attach a couple of links to the Robin Williams reference. But, that’s where Internet Explorer decided I needed to do more searching, long after I had what I needed, and caused my window to shut down. I swear, I’ll never have that happen to me again….I lost a great post. But, I will include one of the sites I found in My Favorite Places on the Web over to your right, (and probably up a little ways….there ya go…found it!)

Well, I’m tired and frustrated. I think I’ll call it a night. I’ll write more later, whether it’s worth reading or not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)