Saturday, August 23, 2003

Am I the Lathe of Heaven?


August 23rd, 2003

1:51 P.M.


At least when it comes to what's playing on the radio, I must add.

Have any of you ever been thinking about a song, had it stuck in your head for hours on end, wishing you could hear it on the radio because you know you've forgotten some of the better hooks? You also know that no matter how much you like the song, after a while of having only the chorus repeating in your head, it's really going to get on your nerves. The only way out of that trap is to hear the song on the radio. And so you spend the majority of the day wishing with all your heart to hear it...then it happens.

You turn on the radio, and within 5 minutes the song which was stuck in your head is playing.

That's happened to me three times within twelve hours. Must be some kind of streak.

Those of you who know me know I like Todd Rundgren. Last night at work I had his song "I Saw the Light" stuck in my head for hours. Now, don't get me wrong...I love having that song stuck in my head, but it skips!!!! My mind just doesn't remember it properly. If I could remember it properly, I would go around all day "listening" to it...and people observing me would notice I had a nice spring in my step. So, while I was working, I reached over to turn the radio on, and the DJ was spouting out a bunch of artists he was going to be playing. After he got done with that list, he drew a breath and said, "But coming up right now is Todd Rundgren." I knew it was "my song" after only three notes.
I couldn't believe it. If only other wishes of mine could come true like that. Heck, I could aways go home after work and play my copy of it...Heck, I have it on vinyl, 8-track, and CD (somewhere.)
Later on that night, as I was leaving the parking lot, I was wishing to hear Elton John's "Bennie and the Jets." Sure enough, right as I turned my car's radio on, it was already playing. That's two.

Now, for the strange one...There is a song by 50 cent that I like...(I know what you're thinking...Todd Rundgren, Elton John, and now 50 cent? WHat the heck is up with you?!?!?!?)

I was at the gym again today (only doing my biking/walking routine...which went for 10 and 50 minutes, respectively!) and there was Urban Adult Contemporary music playing (don't you just love music designations like that?) After about 20 minutes of walking around the track I started getting that song stuck in my head;

Giiiiiirrrl
It's easy to love me now
But would you love me when I was down
And out
Would you still have love for me?

I had just that part going in my head for 10 more minutes, then sure enough...here it comes over the intercom...
That's three.

Maybe next time I could wish for more wishes....I can always go out and buy some music...
But money can't buy me love.

Oh, no....It starts again.................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)