Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Just When I Thought I Couldn't Get Any More Embittered About Our Society....

I read this; From a story on Walmartconnect.com


Startling Trend For Men in Their 30s

By the time they reach their late 20s and 30s, men are far more likely to be single than women, according to researchers from Edinburgh University in Scotland. Almost 20 percent of men between the ages of 25 and 44 are single, compared with just 6 percent of women, reports Medical News Today.

People who know me ... Imagine how I felt when I read the next part ...

Why are more men choosing to not marry?

The researchers aren't sure, but suggest it may be a combination of a fear of commitment and rising career demands.

Fear of commitment, eh? Tell me ... Do you take into account all the men out there who spent (wasted) their 20s waiting for a woman who actually was the one afraid of commitment? How about the ones who have lost love in other ways? Hmm?

Fear of commitment isn't an issue in my case. For seven and a half years, I was with only one woman. I haven't been with anyone since, and I am not afraid to have it happen again. (If the next one jerks me around as badly as the last one did, she'll be gone one hell of a whole lot quicker. I'll not be 38 years old and have someone tell me that "It's too soon" to be talking about marriage after nearly eight years of dating.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)