Friday, November 05, 2004

Listening to My First Ever E-Bay Item

I normally don't advertise anything on my blog (seeing as the adbar isn't paying its way), but I have to go on about this.

I've had an e-bay account open for I don't remember how long, but I put in a couple of bids last week ... And I wound up winning one of them! I'm listening to it right now. I don't know if this title and artist means anything to any of my readers, but it's Todd Rundgren's 'The Individualist.' It has one of the most hauntingly beautiful songs he's ever written on it.

It also has some of the angriest he's ever written, too. He continues that dichotomy on his newest album, 'Liars.' I recommend both to anyone who's ever heard of Todd Rundgren or any of the people he's produced (Hall and Oates, the Tubes, XTC, Jill Sobule, Grand Funk Railroad, Duran Duran, Meatloaf ... Ok. So, he's produced people from across the Rock spectrum. Not everyone who likes his production projects is going to like his own music. So, I'd recommend finding samples on the internet first).

So far, just to drop a track name, my favorite song is 'Beloved Infidel.' If you want to save yourself the trouble of searching, I've posted a link to 30 seconds of each of the tracks of the album I'm now listening to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)