Sunday, October 31, 2004

Final Post on The Road from Demockery

I am finally tired of politics. I am especially tired of all the people who are tired of politics. The word "politics" is Greek-derived for "city building." Who doesn't want a say on how their cities are built? Who would get tired of trying to get their voice heard? I'm tired of being tired. So, I'm going to leave that realm to the authorities on it. In other words, the least capable hands around. (Who understands libery better than an authority, anyway?)

No more politics period. I'm going to vote the way I will vote come Tuesday, and four years from now, I'll find some way of distracting myself during that campaign season. I don't count on campaigns to give me the information I need in order to be an informed voter. It's all about histrionics. I will try to stay on top of the voting records of as many representatives and governors as possible, and base my decision on whether or not those people understand the founding principles of this country. It will never for me be about who has the toughest stance on foreign policy (just don't be too freakin' weak, ok?), but who will not try to say that this is a country founded on one religion. It isn't. Don't believe me? Look for yourself. (The founders were predominantly of one religion, but they new not to allow that to run the country. True, theocratic countries have been remarkably stable for long stretches at a time. Look at the price, though. There is rampant oppression of all other religions, and by the time these countries do fall, they fall hard.)

So, what will I have in place of politics? How about recipes? That'll be nice.
David Aaron's Dumplings and Chicken
You'll need;
One crock pot
One whole roaster chicken
Enough water to just cause the chicken to float
Paul Prudhomme's Poultry Magic Seasoning
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups milk

Remove giblets (gizzards, kidneys, liver) and discard (or save, if you like those parts ... Yecch.) Rinse chicken in cold water. Place chicken, breast up, in crock pot and fill pot with enough water to make chicken float (but taking care to not over fill). Add Poultry Magic Seasoning to taste. Cook chicken on low setting for twelve hours.

Basically, at this point, you'll be making biscuits (unsweetened scones), only you'll be dropping them in chicken broth. My measurements will be totally off, because I don't measure anything. Increase crock pot to high setting, and drop dumplings into broth.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)