Tuesday, November 02, 2004

My Vote's In. Is Yours?

Of the 819 people registered to vote in my district, I'm guessing I was number 710. That's only seven and a half hours into the election. Looks like those election officers will be getting off right on time tonight. I really don't know the make up of this district (it appears to be a very comfortable middle class neighborhood), but as I understand things, a turn out like this is a good sign for the Democrats. (There are an awful lot of Kerry/Edwards signs around the district.)

The one disappointing thing is, though, that I know there are a lot more than 819 people in this district who could vote if they wanted. I think we as a people could get a lot more done if it weren't for apathy. But, who wants to fight against apathy? I know I don't feel like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)