Sunday, May 09, 2004

Another Graduation Day Has Drawn to a Close

May 9th, 2004
12:18 A. M.

It was a wonderful day today. I watched my old friend march triumphantly down an aisle and accept her Master's Degree ... After 11 very long, (and sometimes frighteningly) eventful years. This victory, I could tell by the way she carried herself today, was particularly poignant. The man who shook her hand and called her name had, at one time, attempted to talk her out of the program.

I can see how she's made it. She was surrounded by a truly amazing group of supporters ... Coworkers, friends, family ... You name it, and they were there. (Even two brothers-in-law who have the same first name.) All of these people truly care about you, D, and I was honored to be among them today.

I thank you for the opportunity to see you surrounded by the loving souls I saw today. You deserve all of this, and much more. I was truly touched and (of course) happy for you. You're in my prayers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)