Thursday, April 22, 2004

Thanks To Another Dear Friend

April 22nd, 2004
3:26 P. M.

I had a good telephone conversation with an old friend of mine today ... We haven't been in contact much with one another for a couple of months. She's been incredibly busy with a tremendously large paper for one of her classes.

She told me it was 67 pages long. Since I have trouble writing much more than five pages, I asked her how she did it. She was kind enough to explain to me that it was broken down into twelve smaller sections. And that averages out to about five pages per section. That sounds a lot more manageable than the whole lump to me.

Which has been a problem for me. I have an inner Homer Simpson that whines at the prospect of how large a paper is going to be.
Teacher: I'm going to need you to write a paper.
Inner Homer Simpson: A paper? D'oh!
Teacher: I need it to be five pages long.
IHS: Five pages? Aawwww!
Teacher: And, I'm going to need eleven more such papers relating to the same subject, and they're all due at the same time.
IHS (while running in circles): Yaaaaaaaaaaggghh!

I think this is going to be out of the way before I start back on my education in the fall. This time around I'm actually looking forward to all the papers, assignments and projects. I need a challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)