Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Happy Birthday, Dear Friend

April 21st, 2004
4:02 P. M.

I know I've addressed this subject before on this weblog. I'll go there one more time, since I must admit that I've never really known until very recently how to even face it.

Those of you who know me (and those of you who have been reading since this past September) know what today is. It's Amy's birthday (she would have been 30 this year.)

I still miss her terribly, and I wonder (as I always will) what she would be doing now. I wonder how many lives she would have touched ... How big of a difference she could have made if she were still here.

I know she made a profound difference in my life. Whenever I think about her, I don't really feel all that sad ... It's more a deep sense of admiration. She faced so many trials in her short life, and managed to keep on smiling and laughing no matter what. (Her parents died on the same day six years apart.)

So, for the past month I've been wrestling with my emotions. She left us on the 9th and today was her birthday. I actually went out to her grave today, and I left feeling better. I wished her a happy birthday, and said a prayer for her family ... That they may be surrounded by peace and love.

I'm toning down the quote header this week. Today is Wednesday. The regular header will return next week.

"It's all over, all of the suffering
It's all over, all of the other things
I know it's all over now
But for the wondering."
-----Todd Rundgren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)