Wednesday, April 07, 2004

An Early End to April Foolery

April 7th, 2004
2:25 P. M.

I've had a nice week in Toronto. I've had a hard time getting rest because of some elementary school kids up here for the National Grammar Rodeo. There's one little guy, I think he must be about ten or eleven, who keeps calling his sister a "dorkus malorkus." How he got to represent his school in any kind of academic competition I'll never know ... Neither he nor any of his three friends could tell me in which state their hometown is located.

But, as you might guess by that last paragraph, I haven't even left my own hometown. I thought I'd try my hand at a little fiction writing, seeing as I haven't done any of that sort since I was in High School. If I were to expand on the last three posts, I might have an interesting story ... Interesting only to my closest friends and family, though ... I'll work on it.

By the way ...APRIL FOOLS!

In all seriousness, though, I like to thank all those who wished me luck on my imaginary journey. (I told the folks around me about this trip to Toronto last Thursday, and that I would not be back. Of course, the folks who heard this story were off the hook pretty quickly; I simply can't hold a straight face for very long anymore. That day, everyone at work put the right date on every bit of paper work they handled. "He's telling a story about moving to a foreign country ... Must be 4/1/04!")

Humpday Quote of the

Week!

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
~Japanese Proverb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)