Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Are You Looking Forward to St. Patrick's Day?

March 10th, 2004
1:43 P. M.

I know it is next week, but it's been on my mind for a while now. Interesting story behind Saint Patrick's Day. Too bad I'm not going to tell it here. I'll post a link to a search I've made. Click away!

In honor of St. Patrick's day, I've decided to post a quote that falls under the general category of "Irish Bull." (An Irish Bull has been described as a saying that is "always pregnant." The description itself is an Irish Bull. To get the original definition ... The one I'm trying my best to recall ... Check out a book called Anguished English by Richard Lederer.)

Humpday Quote of the

Week!

It is better to be a coward for a minute than dead for the rest of your life.
Credited as an Irish Proverb on Dr. Lyle Larson's Curiosities of Language and Literature page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)