Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Tuesday's Gone

February 25th, 2004
1:38 P. M.

Right of the bat, I know I would get flak for saying this in public (especially around my hometown) but, I don't like Skynyrd. Sorry, but I'm not nuts over the South, nor a lot of Southern Rock (except for the Allman Brothers), nor even a lot of Country music (except for Junior Brown, Dwight Yoakum, and Allison Kraus.)

I did pick the title of today's post for a reason, though. It's because I thought about posting yesterday, but decided to take the day off instead. I did a hand written entry, but I don't know when I'll get around to typing it up.

But, for today's regular feature, I found a brand new blog (at least it's new to me) that had a really neat quote about a current event that I've been wanting to write about. I haven't been able to, though, because the thought of the Constitution being amended for this particular purpose makes my blood boil. The short version is the only version I can come up with, but it goes like this; The Constition bans the President and Congress from making legislation that prohibits the free exercise of religion. If this President and Congress passes this particular amendment, they have in effect decided how individual churches and religious organizations can practice their rituals.

I know, however, that I'll never get anyone to see things from this point of view. No one will fully understand what's wrong with this proposal until well after it is too late.

Back to the original subject, though ... on the new blog I discovered (Manhattan Transfer), I found this week's

Humpday Quote of the

Week!

"So, you heard about the President coming out against same sex marriage?"

"Yeah, and good on him. It's about time."

"Really? I'm surprised you're against same sex marriage."

"It's not something I talk about but I've been trying to get my wife to try different sex for years."

Overheard by the author of Manhattan Transfer at lunch at a Times Square dive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)