Monday, March 01, 2004

A Weekend Off

March 1st, 2004
11:56 A. M.

I needed time off this weekend. Something happened last week that I never expected to happen to me ... ever. I started to lose the desire to even turn a computer on. I have no idea what happened ... I suppose I just needed time away from the keyboard.

I did do something with my weekend, though. I went out to see the horse again. Only this time, I got to ride him.

My friend asked me if I had ever ridden a horse before. I have ... but it was only once, and that was about six years ago.

She asked me how comfortable I was on a horse. I told her I knew pretty much how to keep a horse from taking off on me (I said that with as much bravado as possible.)

She said, "Oh, really? Don't make me turn you loose on him!"

I said, "Well, what I do is get on the horse, then hand the reigns over to you so you can walk in front of him."

Of course, sometimes that is no guarantee. But, this past Saturday, the ride went just fine. All I've really forgotten is the ... mmm ... discomfort, and the dismounting. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)