Saturday, February 14, 2004

Sweating My Way Through Another Valentine's Day

February 14th, 2004
1:34 A. M.

I've made it to the threshold of another Valentine's Day. I'm not going to lie to you all out there, nor am I going to hide anything from you -- it's been a rough week. That's a good sign, I think.

Last year, I was still in shock over having to break up with my ex-girlfriend. So last February 14th I was, in a manner of speaking, numb as a statue. This year I have been far from numb. It's been at times agonizing. I've been trying to keep busy, though ... keep my mind on other things.

That's been difficult, though. All I've been able to think about some nights is what I have to offer a significant other. To tell the truth, I've never thought it over before. I know there are a lot of people out there who, for whatever reason, like to rationalize romantic relationships out of existence before these relationships can even take form.

Folks always have questions ... questions I can't answer.

What makes you different from all the other guys out there?
I really don't know.

What do you have to offer me in a relationship?
There's only one way I can think for you to find that out. But, right up front, I don't know. If you're looking for some magical answer, I have none.
All I can tell you is that I would like to cook for you. I wash dishes after I'm done with that, too.
I like giving massages. I'll even draw you a bubble bath after a hard day at the office (or where ever you happen to work).
I would like candle light dinners at home. Really, I like any excuse to have candle light going.
I would like keeping the T. V. dark so I can devote my attention to you.
I would like to hold you as you tell me all about your day.
I would like listening to some easy going old style jazz as we unwind from our day. (In other words, not that "lite jazz" stuff.)

What about your career? What would you like to do for a living?
I think of work as a way of financing the rest of my life. Simply put -- I work to live, not live to work. As far as careers go, I really don't care what I'll wind up doing. I want to devote myself to my home life. Too few people do that today. Even those "Family Values" people seem to me to put far too much import on things like careers.

You seem like a nice guy. You're just not what I'm looking for.
They all say that. But, hey! Thanks for the honesty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)