Sunday, February 08, 2004

Back at the Library Again

February 8th, 2004
1:34 P. M.

And, why shouldn't I be? I like being out and about, after all. I've gotten so tired of hunching over a keyboard at my dim-lit domicile. I prefer the hospital white surroundings of the downtown branch of the Public Library! There are other people here tapping away on whatever the heck it is they're working. If I am to become accustomed to being a writer, I probably need to be able to write in circumstances much noisier than a library's computer center. (Which I frequent because I think that it's a lot cheaper to print things out here at 10 cents a sheet ... I don't print frequently, but when I do finally run out of ink, I usually have trouble convincing myself that I should spend thirty-two dollars on an ink cartridge when the printer itself can cost only forty.)

Another thing the library computer center is going to be good for is to change the mystery surrounding some diskettes I've inherited. I could have said "solve the mystery," but I think "change" is a better word, for the mystery could also deepen today. I can't seem to get these disks to format at home. It doesn't matter if I hold my tongue the right way, Windows XP keeps telling me that it can't format the disks I keep putting in the A drive.

If the older edition of Windows the library has on its computers says the same thing ... I have a real mystery on my hands ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)