Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Welcome Back, Blogger!

September, 3rd, 2003
1:33 A.M.

As you can see, I missed the Tuesday post (the blogger site was not responding…I couldn’t even read Open Escape or Rabid Librarian’s Ravings in the Wind).
No big loss. Nothing worth writing about went on for me Tuesday. Other than...I'm getting ready to go to a church with my friend D and her husband this coming Sunday. I'm a little nervous. I haven't been to church in such a very long time (at least 12 years) that I don't know what to expect. I don't know if it shows in my postings here, but I consider myself a liberal. But, from what D has told me, my philosophies...my general outlook on life...might actually mesh pretty well with this church. That sounds pretty cool to me. And, she's told me, there are many of our old college friends there. I've missed those people terribly. I haven't seen them in ten years this semester.

Heh. Funny how time gets away from you, huh?

Not really. It's plain terrible...downright sad sometimes, too.

All in all, I'm looking forward to going. Reconnecting with my old friends...talking about old times. But, my favorite thing to do might be to see where everyone's lives have gone. It would be interesting to see how many of them have missed the marriage train as badly as I have...

How should I tell my story to these folks? I have only 3 semesters of college behind me (only successfully completed about 20 credit hours), and I flunked out because I couldn't organize my time well enough to set pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard, to complete enough assignments to pass any-dang-thing!

But, now I have a weblog that I can't help but maintain...posting to it sometimes twice a day?!?!? What the heck is up with that? Ah, well. I know my priorities are screwy...and I have trouble (severe trouble) meeting deadlines...Which brings me to this week's:

Humpday Quote of the Week

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
---Douglas Adams

I think I'll make my first prayer at church this coming Sunday to be a plea to help me enjoy this whooshing sound, too. I've heard it often enough...maybe now that I'm a little older, that prayer might actually come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)