Sunday, August 17, 2003

Return of the D


August 17, 2003
5:30 P.M.


Yesterday afternoon, D sent her husband over to pick me up. He and I went out to her relatives’ house where she had just spent the past six days recovering from her surgery. The way she was feeling all day yesterday (she said she wouldn’t feel like hopping right into the car and going home,) she had her husband and I stay out there over night.

There was a nice little gathering out there (only five of us,) and we had a great dinner. I provided marinated salmon fillets for everyone, and D’s relatives had a bunch of home grown vegetables cooked for us. Their au gratin potatoes were absolutely amazing. Totally home made. I’m going to need to get that recipe….
D stayed in a wonderful place this week.. Nice, BIG yard, way the heck out in the country (about an hour or so outside of town,) and very quiet, too. A relatively small part of the yard is taken up by a vegetable garden. I couldn’t imagine a better place to be while in recovery.

Her relatives told me I could pick come corn, tomatoes, and anything else I might want. I took a couple of ears of corn and two green tomatoes (I love fried green tomatoes!)



Other than the splendid time I spent with my best friend and her family, I must say that the last trip to the gym left me incredibly sore and stiff! The trainer said I was working on muscles in my chest, but for some reason, I feel the worst in the backs of my arms.
Wow! That last workout does a very good job as a diet, too…I mean, exactly how much do you *want*to eat if it hurts like hell to get your hands anywhere near your mouth?

Forget about combing my hair…

And

My Nose Itches!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)