Thursday, August 14, 2003

Unusual Second Posting


August 14th 2003
1:30 P.M.


There isn't anything terribly unusual about this post other than its existance. Normally I can't even force myself to write even once in a day. And here this is twice in only a few hours! I must really be enjoying myself here!

I just got back from the gym, and let me tell ya! That track is a helluva lot more comfortable than the sidewalks around town! You get sore from walking, not the jolting of you feet hitting hard pavement. In fact, I walked for 55 minutes today, and would have walked longer if not for time constraints. I'll make up for that though...maybe two 15 minute sessions on the bikes (and insreasing time on them every week.)

Yeah. That'll be a start.

And, by the way...the stationary bikes at this gym are wired to the internet through a thing called Netpulse. You get on the bikes, and so long as you keep pedaling, you can surf the web. Well, today was the first day I was there that I could look at my own blog. I think I like that.

Being able to read my own words while somewhere other than school or work.

Now, all I have to do is keep this thing interesting for you, dear reader...And reader it may only be...


P.S.


August 16th, 2003

3:30 P.M.


While I was on the netpulse bike today, I was trying to make sure all my new links were working. As I tried to check this here blog like you folks out there might, the screen flashed and went blank. I got some sort of a Windows critical error message, and the thing went through a boot up sequence, followed by scan disk. While that lengthy process was going on, I moved to another bike to continue my workout (the computer controls the resistance in the peddles, so no computer, no resistance.) I got the peddles to the right resistance again, and tried to look up my blog once again. Same thing happened...and I moved to a third bike. This time, it didn't reboot, and I got to make sure that the links on this blog were working properly. (They were, by the way.)

I started wondering, upset at first, at what caused these two little mishaps. I didn't stay frustrated too long, though. A thought popped into my head;

Stationary bikes, by definition, don't go anywhere.
They're motionless...but, technology has progressed
to the point where the damn things don't need to move
in order for someone to crash them!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)