Saturday, August 16, 2003

…And Down It Came


August 16, 2003
1:58 A.M.

I haven’t seen it rain this hard in years before tonight. I mean, it was *really* coming down when I got off work tonight. What’s worse; it was coming down just as hard two hours before I got off, too.

The way it seemed, I thought I would have to get out and swim home tonight! I can’t complain, thought. I’m not very big on hot, dry weather. Or hot, humid weather, either. I know this should break the heat for a while. I hope.

I talked to my friend D today. If you happen to click on this link, you will find that her blog hasn’t been updated in a while. Since August 5th, in fact. Well, it seems the last time she tried to post anything, her computer got cranky at her ISP and the two refused to talk to each other anymore that night…and in the process, a very well thought out, articulate post was wiped off the face of the Earth. Terrible pity, that was. D is such a good writer, and I know many of us out here would have loved to have read that post. D would have, too. And, in her frustration, she didn’t even think about getting back to her blog for another week. By that time, she was having her 5th Laparoscopy surgery. She’ll be out of town staying with relatives while she recuperates. Good news is she’ll be home sometime either tomorrow or Sunday. I’m not sure when she’ll update her blog again. Other than the small matter of it becoming very painful for her to sit in any one position for very long, there is also the frustration of crashes wiping out her posts. Like a joke she and I have going…endometriosis is a pain in her abdomen; her ISP is a pain in her…

After her blogcrash, I asked her if she ever thought about composing in a word processor, and she completed my thought with, “Then I can write offline, then cut and paste when I go online!”

Let us know how that goes, D!


P.S.


As I was typing out this post, I was trying to clean up the my favorites folder in my web browser…trying to get rid of the shortcuts I don’t use as much as I thought I might have. In the process, one of my IE windows crashed, taking all the other IE windows with it (including the one I was holding open at Blogger so I could cut and paste this to my blog.) I got lucky that my whole dang computer didn’t crash. That would’ve been a bummer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)