Thursday, November 18, 2004

Quite a Reaction ...

Have you ever done anything that wound up getting a bigger reaction than you expected? Boy, have I ever!

I'm talking, of course, about the relationship stuff I've written about. What I've let out this past week is what goes through my head to help keep myself laughing ... Laughing at women who complain about men, men who complain about women ... And myself, too. I'm not above the fray.

I must say that I don't feel like competing with anyone, especially the guys who fear commitment. (The only thing I fear about commitment is that it won't happen. So, not having a commitment in my life at the moment, I'm living that fear out. It's not so bad after all.)

The last thing I want to do is act like something I'm not. I've been on the receiving end of the game playing, and I'm not about to subject someone else to it.(I am a sincere fellow, really ... So, when I try to feign something, it doesn't work.)

What I am wanting to do, however, is explore cliches about life through my writing. And, with the input I've gotten from (well, only two of) my responders, I should be able to explore at least one element of our modern society in greater depth.

I hope to have fun doing it, and I hope it's fun for everyone else, too.


To Quote from Billy Joel ...

If you'd say goodbye to me tonight
there would still be music left to write
what else could I do
I'm so inspired by you
that hasn't happened for the longest time

Once I thought my innocence was gone
now I know that happiness goes on
that's where you found me
when you put your arms around me
I haven't been there for the longest time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)