Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I Don't Feel Like Writing, But I'm Going to Do It Anyway.

Well, today started one of the busiest weeks of the year at work. We do twice the workload of an average week at this time of year. Thankfully, it ends Friday.

I would like to thank Pua for pointing out to me the nature of that article I wrote about the other day. Your point was in the margins of my mind, and is well taken in the form you presented to me. I almost never see any articles about men in my situation ... When we're mentioned, we're mentioned almost in passing. In fact, I can say that I've never really read an article of the sort posted a couple of days ago that made me say, "Hey! That's me all over!" So, instead of feeling let down, I now believe it's up to me to write that article.

I'd just like to know one thing, Pua ... And any other woman out there for that reason. How do I compete with the guys who are afraid of commitment and/or comfortable with staying single all their lives? I mean, they sometimes must wind up stringing women along for years at a time (and boy do I know that feeling) who could be right for a fella like me ... But, she's devoted to someone who won't settle down with her ...... Right? .....

Ach! I'm worn out on this, anyway. If I figure it out, fine. If I don't, I'll wind up pretending to be trapped with the kind of woman I wanted in the first place.

That might work ... Pretend to be afraid of commitment! That way, I can be a part of the norm!

And, my name will be Norm Maenstreem! Commitmentphobe!


...Please take the time of posting into account after you've read this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)