Thursday, May 20, 2004

Blogged Too Soon

May 20th, 2004
1:50 P. M.

Announcing one's intentions to celebrate the sunshine sometimes angers the sky, doesn't it? I must have made some storm clouds really jealous yesterday because no sooner than I logged out, I heard the first crack of thunder. Before I could get to my first stop on the way to the park, the street I was on was flooded darn near to my engine compartment for a good block and a half.

But, storms like this are the kind I enjoy. I was expecting an wonderfully sunny day at a park, but instead got a nice solid downpour! The kind of downpour that when I was a kid, I would have made a paper boat and sailed it down the street. (Of course, the kind of rain that fell yesterday, I probably would have tried to float down the street myself on an old piece of plywood.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)