Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I Thought I Was Going to Write a Regular Post Today

May 12th, 2004
1:54 P. M.

In case you haven't heard it in a bunch of other places already, there was an American beheaded in Iraq. I'm just now finding out about it, although it happened Saturday. The man's captors claimed they were killing him in retaliation for the treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib.

That's an interesting reason ... He wasn't even involved with the mistreating of those prisoners. The only thing Nicholas Berg was guilty of was being an American.

I'm confident that the people who have been mistreating prisoners (and I thought the United States was supposed to be above that) will come to justice. But for the bloodthirsty, justice is never swift enough, nor does it need to be all that accurate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)