Friday, January 30, 2004

The Friday Five (Nice Original Title, Eh?)

January 30th, 2004
3:01 A. M.

Weellll....
This week's Friday Five is on a subject I've successfully avoided. It's not that I haven't thought about this subject before, it's just that (much to my chagrin) I have yet to hear the words;
You have just won one million dollars:

1. Who do you call first?
More than likely, it would be ... naw, you all guess.

2. What is the first thing you buy for yourself?
It would probably be that nifty little hologram projector I saw in a Lord of the Rings catalog. It projects an image of the One Ring into the air just a few fractions of an inch above this really cool pedestal. (I'm sorry if I'm not being articulate enough in the description, but the thing is simply too cool for words!)

3. What is the first thing you buy for someone else?
I'd just help them pay off debts. That would be the first thing I'd do. Everyone I know usually buys anything they need, so shopping for them would be difficult.
4. Do you give any away? If yes, to whom?
I would give some to my old roommates. They're in a tight spot right now, and it wouldn't take much to get them out. I know those guys probably would probably turn away any amount more than they really needed. They'd just need enough for a car, and they'd go out and get jobs that weren't seasonal (they work in a lawn care business that also does snow removal, but they haven't been getting many hours lately ... last pay period, they had no hours at all, and hence no paycheck).
And then there's D. Whatever she asked for (minus what the old roommates got, of course) would be hers. I'd like to think that whatever she got from that could help with her fertility treatments. (And help to pay for her children's education, too.)
5. Do you invest any? If so, how?
I thought you'd never ask.
I'd keep 100,097.95 (the $97.95 would be for the hologram projector from Question 2) and put it in a CD. Then, I'd go back to work the next day. ...I'd continue writing my weblog ... figure out a way to make a living as a writer ....
Yeah ...
That right there would be nicer than getting a big chunk of change from a lottery...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)