Sunday, February 01, 2004

A Surprisingly Productive Day at the Library

February 1st, 2004
4:24 P. M.

I got to the library about 30 minutes ago, and as soon as I sat down at the catalog terminal, I drew a blank. I knew I was here to look for books to read (preferably ones I had never read before) and I had a few picked yesterday.

I spent all day yesterday running around on the "third date" that was supposed to have been last weekend. The nice little ice storm we had put a damper on that, though. But, yesterday we made up for that. (Quick little tangent here ... I think there is no possibility of a relationship to develop between my date and I. We're basically running around with each other simply to get out of the house and be with a friend. Hence I can flirt with whomever I want ... and yesterday I did!)

Of all the places we went to yesterday, we spent the most time in a bookstore. There, we were running across books we had read for school.

Well, it was more like her saying, "I read this in High School," followed by me saying something like, "I should have read that in High School, but didn't even finish the first chapter."

So, yesterday, I made mental notes about all the books I should have read when I was in English class with D. Since I'm trying to save up money for a (much needed) week long vacation later this spring and college this fall, I decided to bring my wish list down to the Lexington Public Library where I (not so) promptly found Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. (It wasn't that either of these titles were all that hard to find, by the way ... it's just that I haven't used the Dewey Decimal System in such a very long time.)

Now that I don't have to write reports on these books, maybe I'll finish them once and for all!(?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)