Friday, January 09, 2004

No, Seriously! It's Just Oregano!

January 9th, 2003
12:36 P. M.

I was watching the news on CNN just now, and I saw a newsbite that said "Police bust a Costa Mesa pot farm that neighbors complained they could smell from blocks away."

Now, over here in Kentucky, specifically in the southeastern part of the state (I'm about an hour and a half to the northwest of that region), I can understand the need for people to grow that stuff. Hell, my ex-girlfriend's otherwise law abiding grandfather used to grow it to supplement his retirement income. Let's face it ... eastern Kentucky's in a permanent 'recession.' There is no McDonalds around there that's willing to hire a 70 year old man. And I'm living in the nearest 'big city' to that region (Lexington's population is little over a quarter of a million.)

Granted, I know nothing of Costa Mesa, California. In fact, before I had this weblog up and running, I had never heard of Costa Mesa (though, I've since done some research and found that Dennis Rodman had been arrested for DUI there). But, seeing how close it is to Los Angeles (I'm assuming the job market in L.A. is good), I would think that no one would have to grow weed for some extra money ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)