Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Another Temporal Anomaly in Lexington, Kentucky

January 6th, 2004
1:00 A. M.

I must pay closer attention to what I'm doing when I'm proofreading. (Especially when I spell the word "proofreading." How embarrassing would it be to let that go through misspelled?)

If you noticed, but didn't comment about it (thanks for sparing me, but I think you folks out there know I would rather point out my own clumsiness), I put January the Fourth down as being in 2003. That was well before I even stated this blog. Trust me ... January 4th, 2003 would not have been a cheerful a post as the one from 2004.

I wonder how it would have gone? (Ok, so here's where I would love to know more HTML or XML or JAVA code ... but for now, just imagine the screen going all wavery and flashback chimes ringing)

Oh, life so boring. Friends either drunk or stoned, no one wants to run around anymore. It's been nearly three months since I broke up with my girlfriend. She hasn't tried to call, and wont talk to me if I call her. But, even when I get her on the line I remember why I broke up with her. Then, I almost immediately start missing her again after I hang up with her. What went wrong? I did everything I ever heard a woman say she wanted a man to do, but she never acted like she appreciated me......

(Ok, more wavery stuff and chimes, again ... we're back to the present)

It would have gone on and on like that for many more paragraphs. I've since realized that I can always go out and make new friends, and if my girlfriend didn't appreciate the gestures I made (i.e. cooking breakfasts and dinners, packing her lunch, *attempted* daily after-work massages ... many more things I won't write about here) enough to stay with me, that's her tough luck. I'll find someone who will not only appreciate that, but will do similar things in return (voluntarily). My ex can enjoy her illegal immigrant new boyfriend.

Maybe I'm slightly more bitter than I was this time last year, but you know what?

I'm enjoying myself quite a bit more now than I ever was before!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)