Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I Don't Know When You Folks Will Get to Read This

January 7th, 2004
12:08 P. M.

I don't know what the deal is, but I can't (at this very moment) get any weblogs to come up. I wanted to check my comments, read some of my favorite blogs, then do a little writing myself. But, that's not going to happen tonight. I'm not even sure I'll be able to get ahold of a Humpday quote, either. So, same as last week, you folks will have to keep scrolling back (scroll buttons get ill like a heart attack!) to see if I've included a quote later this week.

So, until the web starts acting right again (or until I get a cable or DSL connection) I'll regale you with what's been going on at work this past week,

Sometime before the new year, a co-worker brought in a joke book intended for young children. It's one of those 101 jokes for kids type of books ... filled with some of the most pathetic/nonsensical outer space themed jokes I've ever heard. If you consider the endorsement I've just given this book, I'll not give you the real title of it ... I don't need the hassle. But, since it relates to the movie I have playing in the background right now (Star Wars Episode II), I'll print the best joke in the book here;

Q: What do you get when you cross a skunk with an android?

A: R2PU


*** ** *** ** *** **


Time for something a little unusual here at This Space for Rent! This week's quote, which is coming to you post dated on a Thursday, is from one of my readers. About twelve hours ago, I posted a link to an article about marriage counselling (which included what I believe to be the misuse of the word 'myth'). When I checked my comments just now (January 8th, 2004 Happy Elvis Day!), I found a

Humpday Quote of the

Week!
Worth sharing!


In the spirit of the article; a myth is just a mythith without a mythter.
Pua, the High Priestess of the Abyss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)