Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Here's to Maintaining Illusions!

December 30th, 2003
11:51 A. M.

One thing I've noticed about other folks who run these weblogs; they seem to have such active, interesting (or so I think) lives. Look at Wil Wheaton, for example. If he hasn't posted to his 'blog in six days (as is the streak as of this very moment), it's probably because he's dealing with his literary agent ... or he's running to auditions ... or maybe he's at a convention in Vegas. This time around, though, I think he might have the flu. Eck.

Then there's Graduate Girl. Nothing in almost two months. I could imagine that she's on a break from college, probably a college in a big city, and she's back home in an unincorporated township so small it has neither a stoplight nor a horse. In other words, she's probably relaxing and unwinding in ways very few of us could possibly attain.

Then there's Jaygirl. Another interesting life. Oddly parallel to mine. I say "oddly" because she's a couple of years old than me, and of Asian descent. However, I have a theory that whatever happens to people of one lineage can happen to people of all lineages.
And, there's also that saying about love and war. If you want to see if any parts of her life pull close to yours, then I recommend clicking on her "about me" link. (I'm thinking about including one of those on my page...)

I included the link to Random Really because I liked the name. I must admit that I haven't read anything on it in quite some time. I just checked today, and those folks haven't updated in about a week, either. I could imagine that they're all gathered around a table, playing cards and talking about sports this holiday season. That, and there've probably been many parties to attend.

I can't comment on The Daily Aneurysm. This fellow blogger takes the name seriously. There is something posted there every day. I can't imagine what this writer might do for downtime...

The Quitters are another group with a great sense of humor ... and a penchant for referring to what they've done in the time they haven't updated their blog. This is another funny group of ladies here. I highly recommend this site.

Not lots of downtime for The World of the Musical Mind. Not a whole lot on there about music, either. But, then again, have any of you out there found a place to rent here?

Now, Tinmen Don't Dance hasn't been updated since last week. I know that Averie has many things going on in her life ... that's what I think keeps her writing so interesting. That, and I can tell there is a lot of awareness in her ... she's very conscious of everything going on around her, and she finds some of it annoying. For a perfect example of what I'm trying to get at here, click her link and read a post from Thursday, December 18, 2003 called The Averie Joy Monologues call to the stand, "The Stupid People." It is incredibly funny, as is most of what you'll find on Tinmen Don't Dance.

There are gaps in the Abyss, as well. Sorry, but I could think of no better way to phrase that last sentence. I would say that there are a lot of Holiday comings and goings around her household this season. She probably doesn't have a lot of time to sit down in front of a computer to update her blog.

The Rabid Librarian seems to be able to write unendingly. Rave on, RL! But, there are a couple of missing days there, too.

So, I suppose I shouldn't feel all that bad about missing a day or two here and there. But, let me tell you ... if I miss any posts, it's not because there is anything interesting occupying my time. It's more than likely I've simply gotten lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)