Tuesday, January 13, 2004

It's Time to Step Things Up a Little Bit

January 13th, 2004
12:45 A. M.

I've been told that someone who puts talent, skill, and brainpower together can be a dangerous person. For the longest time, I have not understood why a person who could do this could be called dangerous. I may have figured that out now.

As you may or may not know, today marks an anniversary of sorts for This Space for Rent. It's not been quite a year since I started this blog (six months it is as of today), but it feels as if a lifetime has gone by. I've gone back and read some of my earlier posts, and I can say that I've liked them. (That's a big step for me. I've always been so self critical that I hesitate to write much at all.) However, it's almost as if a different person has written the entries in the past.

That's where the idea of talent, skill, and brainpower coming together to be dangerous comes in. I can honestly say that I didn't like where I was in my life before I started writing in my blog, and since then I feel as if I've changed my life completely. That is to say, it has been almost completely renovated. Anyone who has ever participated in, or witnessed, a renovation knows that a whole lot gets destroyed in the process. Out with the old, and in with the new, so to speak ... technically, then, the danger is really to all the old ideas and notions and feelings I've held on to for the longest time. They are nearly wiped out.

So, then, I think it is time for a change to This Space for Rent.

Starting with this post, I will be writing them all in advance, and proofreading them ... mainly to see if I can do what my old English teachers were wanting me to do so many years ago.

I may, however, do free writing on Wednesdays and Fridays because on those days I'll be doing my regular features. (Well, one original and one shared by countless other bloggers, that is.)

Another idea I've been playing around with is to invite my friends, both old and new, to contribute weekly (or monthly, or quarterly) to This Space for Rent. If you'd like to join (particularly Averie, Pua, D, Rabid Librarian, and even Tim, and anyone else from work) leave a comment and I'll set you up. Heck, if things work out, we may be able to move from an electronic medium with no pay to a print medium with pay. But, I'm not going to count on that. If my luck holds, this'll just be a great place for us all to write and have fun. That doesn't sound too bad to me, how about you all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)