Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Monday's Running A Little Late Today

December 9th, 2003
1:37 A. M.


I was getting online about an hour ago when my usual ISP froze up repeatedly. I had to go to my back-up, and I discovered that D was online and trying to contact me!


So, some updates on that front, seeing as her computer is being temperamental as all hell, and she (very wisely) will use it only for school work when it allows her to log on.

Amazingly, neither of us got kicked off line while we were sending our messages back and forth, but here's the gist;

As you regular readers know, she's been trying to get pregnant for quite some time now. Each opportunity that passes, her hopes of having children diminish exponentially.
She's had at least two attempts at insemination that I can remember, and the latest one failed this past week. I am truly heartbroken for her. But, she does have another stage to go into;

In vitro fertilization.


I can truly say that I had hoped it would not come down to this.
She's already been on one of the hormones she will be given, and it sent my poor friend into a tumult. Originally, though, it was given in a much higher dose to help control endometriosis, and just about every side effect you can think of occurred.
I had not returned to her life at that point, so all I have to go on is what she and her husband have told me ... and she was dealing with all of this as her ex-boyfriend was really going off the deep end.
She is afraid that this stuff will bring back all the migraines, weight gain, and moodiness she went through last time.
All I have to say to her and her husband now (I didn't get to say it to her in Instant Messenger), is keep your eye on the prize. I think a great reward is waiting for her at the end of this trial.
And, I'd like to point out something to her right now;
I think I've noticed that the dips in her life are getting more shallow and her pinnacles are getting higher; She gets through my (late) best friend, and winds up with her husband. The two of them go through rough times, and pull through stronger than ever (for the record, I can't be fooled when a couple is paying only lip service to that subject. My parents fought often and dirty, and my dad always told me that he and Mom got stronger after every fight. So, is that why they divorced in '95?)

D, my dear friend, I truly believe that things are going to go very well for you in the near future. These days coming to you will be the best you have ever seen. On that you can trust.

It's like I've heard said, though. You'll have to take to bitter with the sweet.


And that goes for all of us out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)