Sunday, November 30, 2003

I'm Not Slowing Down on My Writing, Though

November 30th, 2003
11:21 P. M.


First off, let me say that I've been trying to keep my private life off this blog. I think I've been successful in that for the most part. Like anyone out there, there are things about my life that I just don't want to share with anyone but my closest friends. And, even then, there are things I would prefer to keep to myself.
That is, until I get them sorted out.


I don't really do anything all that scandalous ... I don't have any hard drug habits ... No random, anonymous partners ... or anything that would be all that interesting. (So, there go my dreams of being a noted public figure!)
Heck, I haven't been on a date for about eight months now (if you were to count a "real date" as being out with a significant other, then it has been well over a year).


So, the majority of the writing I've been doing has been intensely private, but the gist of it has been trying to figure out where my love life has gone wrong ... and learning what I did to miss out on past opportunities in order not to miss out on the next.


It's come down to this;


SPEAK UP WHEN YOU LIKE SOMEONE!
and
Don't be afraid to leave the one who's not treating you right for one you know would treat you right.
Don't be afraid of making a fool of yourself. Better to be thought a fool and have someone special in your life than to be a suspected fool and have no-one.


Easy lessons to pass on to other people, but let's see if I can actually put them to use.


*** ** *** ** *** **


I know he doesn't read this, because his computer doesn't always work right, but today was Dad's birthday. He turned Fifty today, and the phrase "Happy Birthday" never left my lips tonight. I'm so ashamed of that ... but I did sing the "Happy Birthday Song" with the waiters and waitresses at the Cracker Barrel we went to tonight (to which I showed up an hour late ... what a dutiful son I turned out to be.)

I had no birthday present for him ... but I already have his Christmas present here ... the thing is, I am fairly sure he already has what I got for him. But, I think it's in a different key ... there's your clue, Dad, if you ever get to read my drivel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)