Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Infinite Blogger on the Big Dogma

December 9th, 2003
11:56 P. M.

I wonder how many people my age (about to turn 30) get the reference I just put in the title of this post....


Don't worry too much about it. It's just a red herring. I just wanted to get in a reference to something that colored my childhood.

Well, I've made good on my early resolutions. I've been, of course, writing more often than I have been over the past couple of months. And, I have also returned to the gym on a more regular basis. I had lost 30 pounds, picked up 15, now I've lost 3 in the past few days. My mood's been a whole lot better here recently, too. It's all synergistic, I suppose. Exercise more, whether you feel like doing it or not, and eventually you start feeling better. Heck, you even start to feel up to exercising.
And then, your mood gets better ... the better the mood the more the exercising the better the mood......


This past Sunday, though, I exercised a little harder than usual. I wanted to see how much weight I would have to use to feel like I did when I first started working out. Before, doing leg lifts on a hundred pounds would wear me out. Now I routinely do 120. So, Sunday I started at 120, did a lift, put 20 more pounds on, and did another. The second lift felt a little closer to the way it felt back in August when I couldn't lift any kind of weight with my legs at all! But, it wasn't nearly as rough. So, I put on 20 more pounds ... I was up to 160. That felt like it did in the beginning. So, I'm thinking that I should have started out at 80 pounds and should be doing 140 now. It's nice to know your limits ... even if you have to go beyond them to know where they are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)