Tuesday, December 23, 2003

I Was Going to Make This as a Comment on The Abyss, but Changed My Mind (It Went On Too Long, Like the Title of this Post)

December 23rd, 2003
1:58 P.M.

Ah, Pua, the joys of growing up poor. The nice thing about it is that we (you and I, in two different decades, in VERY different states) grew up knowing what was truly important in life.
All we truly have are things that cannot be taken away.
There is no price we can put on memories such as these. You and your bottle collecting days. Me and my family shopping at the Goodwill Store.

My sister was the one who was ashamed of shopping at a thrift store. She would refuse to come in with us, and would even hide in the floorboard of the car...just in case someone from school were to see her there.

She later learned that if anyone ever saw here there, it would more than likely be because they were there themselves!
Not to pick on my sister for her vanity, though...we were spotted at the Goodwill once. Yes, the kid picked on us. But, he later admitted that he shopped there, too. (This place is still open, in the same location, and I STILL buy some pretty nice clothes there.)

Everyone I grew up with, who now has a house payment, car payment, what-have-you payment, all tell me their best purchases come from there.
Heck, even some of the high school and junior high school kids I know openly admit to liking the place (amazing how things change...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)