Saturday, December 20, 2003

A Long Overdue Evening of Drinking and Dancing

December 20th, 2003
1:38 A. M.

Tonight was my first night out dancing. I have no moves. No pick-up lines. I have nothing. But, I still went dancing.
And I had a great time. I danced with someone I work with (no one I am officially interested in, and who is more than likely not interested in me ... there is nearly a nine year age difference between us, and I have a cut off at 27. I am willing to go as low as 25 for certain cases, though.)

I have been invited back out next weekend. Though, I am thinking about weaseling out somehow. They're wanting to go to a city 90 miles away in order to keep going until at least 4 or 5 in the morning. I don't know about the rest of you out there who are past the age of 25, but I think I need a little more sleep than that.

They guy that arranged tonight's outing made fun of me earlier for making all these 'old' references to myself. I figure, I was born before 1981, I remember "Superfreak" from before Hammer sampled it, and I remember when MTV played all forms of music (rock, jazz, hip-hop, and country. Remember "Love's Been a Little Bit Hard on Me?" I think it was by Juice Newton. I'm pretty sure she was considered country in the early eighties. Though my memory of the times are fading.)

I'm frickin' old, all right?
I've come to that conclusion already. That spares me the embarrassment of going into midlife so late. I'd rather act like a damn fool at thirty than fifty. Hell, I might just carry it on for the next twenty years or more. I plan on enjoying life as much as possible.


*** ** *** ** *** **

So, I'm late with both the Thursday and Friday posts. Let me sum them up quickly for you.
Thursdays are nothing special. I don't particularly like them because they aren't quite Friday.
As for this Friday, you just read about it. Technically, this is a Saturday post, but I'm going to include the Friday Five in this one.

So, here goes (and, tonight's Friday Five requires little or no brain power. I'm so thankful!);

1. List your five favorite beverages.
In order of most favorite to least, they are water, lemonade, Coke (or Pepsi), White Zinfandel, and beer.


2. List your five favorite websites.
Check to the right. You know that I'll have trouble picking just five.


3. List your five favorite snack foods.
Carrots, celery, corn chips, potato chips, and chicken strips.


4. List your five favorite board and/or card games.
It's been so long since I've played any, but I'll try. I seem to remember Candyland ranking up there, along with an exquisitely weird one called "Smess", I used to love playing Dungeons and Dragons with my Jr. High School friends at lunch (does that qualify me as a geek?) as well as five card stud and blackjack.


5. List your five favorite computer and/or game system games
My all time favorite is Chrono Trigger for the Super Nintendo. It got a nice little makeover for the Playstation, so I'll count that one twice. (I like anything that has a female character who wears glasses and has a lot going on between her ears. Hence, the thing I have for Velma from Scooby Doo. And, any other dark haired woman who wears glasses.)
The rest of my favorite games are on the Atari 2600. They would be River Raid, Adventure, and Pitfall.

There are no reasons for me to like any of this stuff. It's all a matter of taste.
I don't like it when people even try to explain why certain things appeal to them. It never makes sense to me, and I'm never swayed even if it does make sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)