Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Oh, Those Glorious Comments!

December 23rd, 2003
12:25 A. M.

I'm very glad I found a comment option somewhere out in the ether. I first put the option up on November 6th, but no one used it for the first few days. After that, it was used only by people who would talk to me later anyway. (You two know who you are!)

Now, however, I'm getting regular comments from a pair of bloggers (whom I'm guessing are a mother and daughter) out in Los Angeles. (And, no, there is not a flea speck town called Los Angeles, Kentucky anywhere outside of the Lexington Metropolitan Area. We do, however, have a Little Texas.)

Seeing as I've never had contact with anyone at all from Los Angeles, I think this has turned out to be a really cool! This is the very thing I was looking for when I started this blog in the first place (back on August 13th). This was a chance to get back into writing, and perhaps have some friends give some input.

It's turned into a lot more than I was hoping for. Not only am I blowing the cobwebs out of the writing center of my brain, I'm getting feedback; not so much on my writing style (as I had hoped), but on the subjects I write about. Which, I take to mean that my style isn't all that bad!

Too bad I've never turned this into a money making venture. But, I'm sure that can't be completely ruled out.

Back to what I was saying about the comments, though. I got a nice long one from Pua today. It's very much worth a read! In fact, I highly recommend it!
She said something that was very true about the soul being ageless. I know I write about admitting to being old; that's tailored to an audience I may or may not have. I've had a group of fifteen year old English kids tell me I write like an old person (complicated story ... it has to do with another English kid who has the same username on MSN as I do at Hotmail ... mistaken identity sort of thing. I thought that I had been hacked, and some psycho predator was usisng my name trying to lure in kids. I warned them not to talk to "me" if they were ever on while I was at work. Turned out that my family name exists, apparently, somewhere outside Bristol. ...I trace my family name back to the Netherlands, though...)

Now, let me clear the air a bit here. I admit to being chronologically old. Physically, I don't feel any different than I did at fourteen or fifteen (though I am having to shave more often now). In the deepest parts of my soul I'm thinking to myself, "Ok, so when is this Growing Up thing going to happen?"

I have not felt any older in my soul ... ever. From before I could talk, I remember vividly having a sense of curiosity and wonder about the world we live in. This exists in me still. I don't think that will ever go away.

This could be why friends of mine remark at how well I seem to bounce back from tragedies....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)