Tuesday, December 16, 2003

I Have Less Than 10 Minutes to Make the Wednesday Post!

December 17th, 2003
11:55 P. M.


Ok, so you know that stuff I wrote yesterday about doing my entries earlier in the morning? Well, there is one thing I forgot about the internet on a dial up connection.

When you go online during peak hours, you don't always get access to web pages you want to view ... especially if those pages have a lot of people trying to view them. The ones no one cares about ... they still pop up in a flash.

Not blogger, though. That's not such a bad thing, when I think about it. It simply means there is a demand for time on blogger.com. And, so long as there are people out there blogging away, there will always be a blogger.com website. At least I hope.

*** ** *** ** *** **

So, now on to what I was going to write about today.
As those of you out there who read This Space for Rent know, I'm going to turn 30 in just under 3 weeks. And, for those of you who have been here since the begining (and you know who you are) you also know that there are a couple of things that I would like to have happened in my life by now.

These things were my goals;
Be married by 25.
Have one child (and possibly another on the way) by 30.

Well, one deadline's already past. But, at least I had a girlfriend at the time that one slipped away.
The next one's coming ... no girlfriend this time.

You might think that would make me sad. It doesn't, though.
Think of it this way. At my age, I would feel silly saying I had a girlfriend. (When I broke up with my ex at 28, I already felt silly calling her a girlfriend.)

When I think over my situation right now (and people closest to me know quite a bit more than I'm letting out in this blog), I realize that the deadlines for my goals have already past.

And, do you know what a goal without a deadline is?...

Humpday Quote of the

Week!

"Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country."
-Anais Nin, The Diaries of Anaïs Nin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)