Sunday, December 21, 2003

Some Problems Solved. New Problems to Work On

December 21st, 2003
12:12 A. M.

I don't know when I'll actually post this, because I plan on surprising D when I (might finally) get to see her (for the first time in a few months) tomorrow. She stays so busy that she doesn't have time to think about what happens next in her life. I think if she were to slow down she might fall apart!

Which is more than likely the problem I've had for the past couple of years. I've been living too slow. If you do that, you'll see stuff coming at you and have time to form a reaction -- that's a big mistake. It's best not to see it coming.

So, when my car started falling apart this year (it actually started two years ago with the levers for the power locks breaking off within days of each other) it happened so quickly that I didn't have time to freak out over it. So I devised a plan, discussed it with my mom, who then co-signed for me to get a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant. I'm probably spending a little bit more on this car than on the old one, but it's a lot more comfortable than the old one I had.

I know I've written about this already, but that old one had the combination of broken exhaust system/bad heater core that made it impossible to keep warm. If I wanted at least to keep the wind off my passengers and I, there would be the very real risk of poisoning everyone in the car. If I didn't want anyone going to sleep (permanently), I would risk giving them frostbite.

No more, though! I have now bought a car in the same decade it was made!

Heck, if this keeps up, I might buy a 2035 model car in 2031!

So, no more freezing or carbon monoxide induced headaches. No more anti-defroster, either! I do, however, now have a 221 dollar a month car payment plus full coverage insurance to worry about. That, however is easier to handle than trying to scrape together money to make that '85 Caprice Classic safe and comfortable again. I would rather have done that, but money was the issue.

...That, and the darned old thing was built to gulp gas...

A Very Rare P.S.

11:45 P. M.

I know I wrote earlier this week about how Blogger looked different. Well, it doesn't look any different tonight. I've been blogging from my mother's house for the most of last week. And, she has AOL 9.0 ... hence the comment about how everything looked so different. So, I think I might just bite the bullet and upgrade my AOL, then drop my Wal-Mart connect.
I've been thinking about that for a while now, anyway. Everytime I log on to this service is a reminder of my ex-girlfriend (she not only works as a clerk for Wal-Mart, she got me into this service). Mere words do not reflect my distaste for her.
There are exes, and I know some of you have had them (I haven't), that you miss ... you wonder why you broke up with them, then you go around them again and remember. Well, I haven't seen or talked to my ex in about 11 months, and I still remember why I broke up with her. I have trouble remembering the positive parts of our relationship. Despite all this, I still log on to my ISP ... I am what I call a Practical Romantic. For emotional issues, I've been wanting to rid myself of my main ISP and go back full time to AOL. Now, I have a practical reason. AOL 9.0 is better.

Seeing as I only log on to update This Space for Rent, I think AOL might actually be a couple of bucks cheaper a month. (At least I hope.)

So, here's to ridding my life of the very last reminder I have of the deceptor I dated for seven and a half years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)