Sunday, December 14, 2003

Sunday at the Pub

December 12th, 2003
11:01 P. M.


I think I've started something here.


The friend I had arranged to meet at the pub last week brought someone along with her today. This person had never been (I think) and was talking about bringing her friends next week.

The Irishman who manages the place seemed happy to hear the news. And, the duo that plays the music there is happy with me because the people I've brought in are buying CDs off of them.

My friends didn't get to stay long tonight. So, they missed out on some of the drunken carryings-on. That's a tragedy in my mind. There's nothing greater than authentic drunken Irish people. They have such great senses of humor anyway, but somehow they're doubly (Dublinly?) funny after they've had a few....

*** ** *** ** *** **

I'm starting to like my separation asterisks. Nothing says a new line of thought is coming up better than a row of 8s with the shift key held in!

*** ** *** ** *** **

I meant to go out some time today and pick up a "cheat chart" for my keyboard. I've been so long away from music that I've forgotten almost everything about it. Like I posted yesterday, I have figured out the scales, but I need a little more. I don't remember the variations on the scales at all. I know the twelve major scales, but nothing beyond that.

And key signatures? Fahgeddaboutit! I have ... from lack of practice!
I'm looking for a remedial type resource ... I'm not sure where to look for it, though.

First thing next Saturday, I'll go looking around the music shops near my mom's place. I was told I might have some luck there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)