Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Everything's Dragging By Today. Must Mean It's Humpday, Again!

December 10th, 2003
11:40 P. M.


Today was busier than usual at work. But, I got my "fair share of the work load" done. Never mind that everything I needed to get done showed up within a reasonable time for me to get it done.
But, that's a different blog for a different attitude for a different lifetime. I'll play nice when it comes to work.

Work went fine today. I didn't mean for it to sound as if things went wrong. Quite the contrary, this was a better day than usual for me. And, despite what the title of this post might lead you to believe, the day hasn't dragged by at all for me. It just started dragging for the ride home.
You see, some time in the past few hours, the rain that Lexington, Kentucky was getting changed into snow. It hasn't been could enough for it to accumulate (yet), but the roads are covered with very cold water, and ice pellets are building up in the puddles. It's a very wet slush out there, and folks in this town don't seem to take this sort of road condition seriously enough.
So, I took my time coming home tonight. Hence, the dragging.


Then, I tried to log on to the web. Every single time there is any rain at all, my phone line gets very noisy. The worse the noise, the slow my connection. Hence, the dragging (again)!


Tonight, I had a two fold purpose for logging on. You will have been reading one of those purposes shortly (the Humpday Quote of the Week) anyway. But, since my connection isn't very healthy tonight, I'll tell you folks reading what the other purpose was; I'm doing research on cars with hybrid engines in them. I'm hoping I can find a used hybrid car somewhere, but I don't even know what the name of any of them are. All I know right now (I learned before tonight) is that Honda and Toyota have some out. I don't know if any other makers have put any out, and I was hoping to find that out tonight.
But, with my connection iffy, all I can do is get the Humpday Quote and ask if any of you folks out there can recommend a hybrid car for me. (Look, I know I won't be doing any scenes out of 2 Fast 2 Furious in a hybrid, but I don't care. With the cheapest grade of gas a good 20 cents more expensive than I remember it being six months ago, I'm willing to sacrifice squealing tires for going a lot longer between fill-ups.)

I already had the quote coming up picked out (when I planned on this post being much smaller), and it has nothing to do with what I've just written. I'll post it anyway;

So, now it's time for the


Humpday Quote of the

Week!
Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.
J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973), The Lord Of the Rings, Book Four, Chapter One

This quote is one of my favorite quotes of all time. One we all need to keep in mind in order to prevent our society from going completely haywire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)