Sunday, November 02, 2003

Yer Hanar, Ah Was Sober Enough t'Know Ah Was Droonk

November 2nd, 2003
11:47 P. M.


I went down to the authentic Irish pub again tonight. It was Irish music night tonight, and I have managed to get my mother interested in going there to hear it. She met me down there at 5 P. M. this afternoon, and she left at around 6:30. I just got home.
While I was there, she bought me two ciders and a Kahlua and Creme. After a cider and a half, I felt a change coming over me. Pitiful, isn't it? Two ciders, and I have a nice little "head change."
Well, after she left, I spotted a friend of mine from my old apartment complex. I went over to sit with him, and he introduced me to a friend of his.
Tonight happened to be trivia night, and we formed a team...whose name I absolutely loved. They had the name "Hippie Mafia" picked out. Nice little divergent thing...the name of some of the most peaceful people combined with the name of the most violent people on Earth. Great name.
We came in fourth place tonight, but that's not the point of this post.
I am inebriated. And, I don't get this way very often.
At all.
The first alcoholic drink I ever had was with my mom. The second was with my dad. And the time between my first and second drinks was more than six months. So, tonight I have had about 4 years worth of alcohol, on my old average.
Two ciders...
One Kahlua and Creme
Two Bud Lights
One more cider
And another Bud Light.
Sad thing is that all this was spaced over 6 hours.
Another sad thing is...I can tell you that I don't need alcohol to come across as...well...drunk.
Think of what a drunk person is supposed to be and you have me while I'm sober. Minus the slurring of speech and loss of motor coordination (mostly...I am clumsy for the most part, anyway).


I must say, I am starting to understand why friends of mine were entering this state while they were still in High School. It's fun, if you don't take it too far. But, unlike the rest of them, I was in no hurry whatsoever to experience my first drunken episode (nor my first hangover, which, thankfully, I have yet to experience).
Well, that's all for tonight. Suffice it to say that I don't think I made a bigger ass of myself than I would have if I hadn't had anything to drink.


That's the nice thing about not giving a flying...umm...flip...about what people think about you....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)