Saturday, November 01, 2003

Diddled By My Spell Checker, Again

November 1st, 2003
9:20 P. M.


I noticed, after D pointed out, that I dated Thursday's post as October 39th. She seemed to think that I did it on purpose to be funny.
And I did!


You can skip this next part, D.


Ok, some sad truth here. I didn't do it on purpose. I'm not clever enough to do something that funny on purpose. But, don't tell D that. And I hope she's skipped over this part to the next one.


It took me quite a while to think of a funny way to open my Thursday post. I figure after having a not so great week (financially, at least) I could think of a way of brightening someone's day, and I thought;

"Hey! What if instead of the 30th, I call today the 39th!"

It took me all day Wednesday to come up with that. I think maybe if I hire a couple of other writers to This Space for Rent, I will be able to have more time to think of other things (as if I really want to think about anything else going on, or rather, not going on in my life.)


* ** * *** * ** * ***


I've been listening to a lot of Warren Zevon for the better part of the past 18 months (long before I knew he had terminal cancer.)
There was something I wanted to put in my Thursday post which, for some reason, I forgot to include.
I wrote about D's problems, and how I felt about them. I meant to close that section with a quote, but instead, I managed to write about myself. I feel like such a selfish fool for that...as I have every right to feel.
But, here is what I wanted to close with last night...here's hoping, once again that I don't offend anyone in Mr. Zevon's estate, or violate copyright law in any way (seeing as This Space for Rent is not a money making venture for me, and I am hoping that for every one of my favorite artists I post about, that someone reading goes out and buys a copy of that artist's work, I may not have any problems quoting a song every once in a while).
So, here it is, an excerpt from;

Don't Let Us Get Sick
Warren Zevon, Zevon Music BMI

The sky was on fire
When I walked to the mill
To take up the slack in the line
I thought of my friends
And the troubles they've had
To keep me from thinking of mine

That is from the album "Life'll Kill Ya". I've tried looking for it all over Lexington, Ky, but it has proven difficult. I've had to check it out of the public library downtown in order to get my fix of it. It's such a wonderful album...no wonder I was on a two month waiting list to get my hands on it!.


* ** * *** * ** * ***


Ok, so back to the subject of this post, "Diddled By My Spell Checker Again." D, I'm truly sorry for lying to you earlier...I didn't call it the 39th on purpose. I told you that so you would think I was clever.
I wasn't.
I just found another one of those mistakes that spellchecker isn't going to detect. If there are any such mistakes to be made, I'll make'm.
But, when I misspell something on purpose, it gets caught.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)