Wednesday, November 19, 2003

I Think I’m Finally Ready to Date Again

November 20th, 2003
12:40 A. M.


Yes, folks, I do believe I am ready to start dating again…maybe.
There is a new woman at work. Well, she’s relatively new…been with us for about two months

I’ve already checked her out thoroughly. No rings, engagement or otherwise. (To what did you think I was alluding?) The only other woman I’ve met so far who could have changed my mind about dating again has a wedding ring…ah, well. Just means I had to wait a few more months to meet this new lady.

There isn’t much I can tell about her here. Yesterday was the first time we ever talked to each other. She seemed happy to tell me about her work history, how she enjoys her new job, and where she grew up. And, the conversation came pretty easily between us.

I may have been prepared to move too quickly, but I was going to ask her out today. Unfortunately, we’re going through one of the busiest weeks of the year at work; I had no opportunity to talk to her today, other than to say “hello.”

It figures…I’m no longer shy, I’m now feeling like time is right for me to ask someone out (and it looks like a good possibility this time), and it looks like “volume of business” could force the opportunity to pass.

I suppose, though, that all it would mean is I would have to wait a couple more months to meet someone new…

Or…

…Perhaps on the day Hades hosts the Winter Olympics, I could meet Jennifer Love Hewitt or Linda Cardellini and still be available

However, if there is anything right in this world, these two ladies will not be available if I ever get to meet them.

* ** * *** * ** * ***


With that aside, it's time for the ...


Humpday Quote of the

Week!



It is ever the invisible that is the object of our profoundest worship. With the lover it is not the seen but the unseen that he muses upon.

Christian Nestell Bovee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)