Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Oops! Thirteen Days Since Last Post!

October 20th, 2003
11:45 P. M.


Lessee....What's gone on in the world since the last time I did an entry here...

What was it...October 13th that Arnold Schwarzenegger was "elected" governor of California (I wonder if former ENRON executives contributed to the campaign?)

China finally entered the space race (boy, have they a lot of catching up to do!)

Some poor schmo accidentally interfered with his favorite team's chance at winning the World Series (I haven't cared about any team winning the Series since the early '80s, or whenever it was that games' scores ceased going into double digits and the speeds of fastballs entered triple digits...and players' salaries hit six or seven digits.)

Ok, so the world remains a pretty freshet out place. Not a lot new really going on out there. And, truth be told, not a whole lot new going on for me too.
I stayed at my mother's house a lot last week. Before we hit the road to Alabama, my niece picked up some sort of infection. Mom and I spent six hours in a car with her...And I am the one who caught the bug...Mom had a couple of symptoms, but they passed pretty quickly for her.
Alas for me! I came down with a full blown sinus infection...And it was in full force for the way back home......
...Six hours in a car
with a sinus infection
and
no
tissues
anywhere!

Actually, I started coming down with whatever my niece had that very night. I caught whatever it was very quickly. It kept me up late Sunday and Monday nights. I also woke up unable to breathe a couple of times those nights.
Some vacation.
I even missed a day of work last week. Wednesday in fact. I bet folks were wondering why I would take a sick day immediately after two days of vacation.
I understand that there are a lot of people who would have pulled a scam (call in because they felt like staying on vacation an extra day), but I was sick while on vacation.
When I showed up at work on Thursday, they all new I wasn't kidding...gosh, I hate sinus infections.
And...whatever it was that this sinus infection started out as is infectious! At least one person has told me that they're having some symptoms like I had last Sunday night!


I bet this post goes nowhere in explaining why I haven't done an entry in nearly two weeks...
Let's just say...two weeks ago I was too busy getting settled into my new apartment (and back into my old routine), and last week I was sick, and staying with my mommy (like any real man should when he gets sicky-poo.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)