Thursday, October 07, 2004

I Have Done the Impossible!

I've kicked myself for not being able to do it before. Although, everyone else I've ever talked to says they can't do it either. That just isn't good enough for me. I want to be able to do the things no one else can.

When I was a child, I wanted to be able to fly by flapping my arms. I've long since given up on that. (Let's face it ... What adult out there can seriously say they aren't disappointed that flight could never happen like that?)

As I got older, I got into one of those fantasies I know now to be typical for my demographic. I wanted to be an astronaut. Of course, no one had the heart to tell me about neither the strong math skills needed, nor the physical conditioning, nor the discipline to achieve either one. I got that idea on my own after watching as much Nova on PBS as I could.

Since I gave up on that, the next dream was to become an actor. I've succeeded at that! If you look at the statistics, for every actor working in the field, there are dozens (if not hundreds) working day jobs. That, and the pay stays low, except for the relative few that make it really big in the movies. (If you note, however, that even these folks may go a couple of years between really good paying gigs, their tremendous salaries look to be as they are ... Anomalous.) So, if you figure that the average actor is underpaid in their profession (hey! I never got paid when I was doing it!), and they spend lots of time between gigs (it's been eleven years for me, this month), then I can seriously say;
"I'm an Actor!"

That doesn't count, then, in the world of impossibility. I've done it. It's easy to do (not so easy to be successful, but I never said anything about success).

What's not so easy to do is what I did today.

I'm wearing my favorite shirt. It's a Dragonfly (for those of you out there who know what that might mean), it's almost totally white except for some red flame-like design around the bottom with the same design around each sleeve. I never miss an opportunity to wear this shirt ... I love it so much ... But it never fails that whenever I do, I end up eating pasta. Every ... Single ... Time. You can guess what happens every ... Single ... Time when I do.

That shirt winds up with some extra red designs on it.

That didn't happen today. I don't know why. Maybe this shirt's starting to become ... Lucky ...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)