Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Updated on 9/29 and 9/30/04

Wondering If It's Time for Therapy ...

I know it's something I shouldn't joke about (therapy), but I can't help myself sometimes.

It's not politically correct. But, then again, neither is the joke I made in front of Helen Keller's house last year.

We arrived at the gates of the park where Helen's childhood home is situated, only to find out that we had gotten there five minutes after closing time. My mother and I were heading back up to Lexington the next day, and she was disappointed.

"We didn't get to see Helen Keller's house." Mom said.

I didn't wait a beat to console her. "Don't worry Mom," I said, "neither did Helen."

*** ** *** ** *** **

Meanwhile, back at the actual post ...

Like I was saying about joking about therapy, I know it's not a cool thing to joke about. But, I think dream interpretation is an offshoot of therapy. (Or perhaps it's the other way around?)

Whatever dream interpretation is, I'd like to give friends, family, and blogospehere acquaintances from around the world a shot at interpreting a dream I had last night, (I know, I know ... All the response to my blog has been primarily from this country. But, that still counts as around the world.)

I was running around with the Scooby Doo gang. Yes ... Fred, Daphne, Shaggy, Scooby-Doo ... And Velma.

I saved Velma for last for a reason ... In this dream, Velma and I had a mild romance going. There was a lot of hugging and hand holding. Every time she lost her glasses, I was there to pick them up. And, every time she was being chased by a monster, my heart would be in my throat (and I would be right on that monster's heels, no matter how hideous it was!)

The Gang figured out the reason we were being chased by so many horrid monsters was that we had been sent to Hell ... Y'know ... Hades. (It was a strange place. No fire and brimstone or anything like that. Just a place with no escape ... And from what we gathered from the people we met down there, no matter how badly anyone could get injured, no one ever died. They simply suffered their injuries forever.)

Velma and I got separated from the rest of the Gang, and somehow we wound up in front of the King of Hades. (Yeah ... Greek images in one of my dreams, along side the Scooby Doo gang of the live action movies.)

I was holding Velma close to my side. I looked into her eyes, and held her hand as I pulled away from her embrace. I stood right before Hades himself and said "If you must keep any of us here, keep me. Velma doesn't belong in a place like this."

I then woke up ... In a very good mood. I'm still feeling good right now.

*** ** *** ** *** **

Ok, interpretors. Have a field day!
(By the way ... I'm not adding another entry until someone comments!)

*** ** *** ** *** **

Humpday Quote of the Week!

I told you! I'm not adding a new entry until someone (anyone) comments on my dream journal entry! But, I don't want to interrupt the flow of humorous quotations, either. So, here's one from George Carlin;

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)