Friday, March 19, 2004

I Thought I Had Done Something Original Here!

March 19th, 2004
4:05 A. M.

Don't bother asking how things like this occur to me. I simply don't know. One minute I'm working on a mind numbingly boring and repetitive task, and the next minute my mind's spit something out at me.

What's particularly bothersome is that I'm not the only one who's written on this subject, or in this manner!

So, I was cruising along at work today, listening to NPR (I told you I'm a liberal, right?) and they were talking about the war in Iraq (no surprise). All of a sudden, some part of my brain kicks in ... and I now have a limerick about the capture of Saddam Hussein!

There once was a man from Tikrit,

Who gave the world's leaders a fit.
To hide was his goal
In a small spider hole,
But his luck had just turned to ....

Like I said earlier ... I'm not the only one who's written on this subject and in this way. More disturbing to me is the fact that before I came home tonight, I had never heard nor read any of them!!! But, here they are from a site called Topfive.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)