Thursday, February 19, 2004

Winding Up for the Weekend

February 19th, 2004
2:51 P. M.

Good afternoon, everyone! I didn't come home last night, and there was no one to "let me have it" for not doing so. I still don't know if I like that situation or not. I'd rather have someone to whom I would owe an explanation if I were to come home at two o'clock in the afternoon after leaving at four thirty on the previous day...

Ah, well. I know there are guys out there who would tell me to enjoy this while I can. To them I would now say, "Shut the hell up, and enjoy your wife and kids!"

I know I called this post "Winding Up for the Weekend." However, I suspect that this weekend is going to be just like every other one before it. I'll be all wound up, with no idea where to go or what to do. I haven't been going to the pub so much lately ... having a car payment has put a damper on a lot of going out. (Which then makes me wonder how I'm supposed to be able to go out and meet someone special if I can barely afford to pay my own way.) So, I'll either do a bunch of random, low or no cost things, or I'll end up at home playing video games (I've been playing Final Fantasy 7 and Crono Cross.) I would much rather have human interaction, though. If anyone can help me think of things to do that cost (next to) nothing to do, I would appreciate it. (In fact, I would love to be able to go to a Blog Meetup, but those things are always scheduled when I'm at work. Would it hurt to have these things on a weekend? Or, am I going to have to start an alternate weblogger gathering?)

I've discovered a brand new blog today. It has a look much like this one, and quite possibly, may even have a style similar to mine. I can already tell that it will be a fun one to look in on from time to time ... it already has a link to a neat name generator. This blog is called "Got A Sec'?". (Strange punctuation, huh?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)